Friday, March 27, 2009

The Final Stretch

Rest Day
Race Countdown: 2 days


Race weekend is here! I am a bundle of nerves. This week flew by and suddenly my mind is inundated with all these thoughts of things I should've prepared better. I am trying to relax but right now it's like that feeling you get right before you step onto the stage to give a big performance or important speech or something. Suddenly your mind goes blank and it's as if everything you've rehearsed just flew out the window. Well, at least I feel like that.

So this week I completely took advantage of loading up on carbs. Unfortunately, they were not all healthy carbs. Shame. Add that to the significant decrease in mileage and I am carrying around a bloated mass of blubber in my stomach. That probably plays a large part in this anxiety that I'm feeling. I should definitely have eaten more prudently and slept more this week. Coulda woulda shoulda.

Yoga didn't seem to do anything for calming my nerves. Should I get up and dance it out instead? We'll get a good night's sleep on that and decide in the morning.

Flight out to Atlanta at 1:30pm tomorrow. Race starts at 7:04am the next morning. Full report when I return on Monday!

No comments: