Saturday, January 24, 2009

Feeling Anxious

Logged: 5 miles
Race Countdown: 63 days


For some reason the intensity of this first week of training has felt very low. I used to do 4-5 mile runs about 3 times a week. This week I ran 13 miles total, which is pretty much the same amount, but it feels like I barely did anything. The runs were split up into a 6-mile long run, 2-mile easy run, and 5-mile tempo run. I did the 6 miles on Monday and 5 miles on Friday, which is probably why it felt like such a long break. Anywho, I'm trying to be diligent and patient to avoid injuries and burning out too early. I'm sure once week 7 or 8 rolls around, I will be yearning for easy weeks like these!

Travel plans are not going as smoothly. Since I have a friend who goes to Emory, this seemed like a great chance to catch up with her and save some money on hotels. Unfortunately, she will be out of town that weekend. Boo for bad timing. I did manage to find a decent deal on a flight + hotel (only $261 for roundtrip flight and 2 nights) and was all set to book until... I opened my wallet and found a missing slot where my bank card is supposed to be! Apparently, it got lost somewhere at the gas pump earlier yesterday. Damn it all! I always choose the best times to be a complete scatterbrain.

I'm going to the bank today to apply for a new card, but I'm worried that the cheap vacation package will disappear before it comes. Please Priceline, have some consideration for a poor college student!

No comments: