Monday, January 26, 2009

Lapse in Judgment

Logged: 6 miles
Race Countdown: 61 days

Running regularly usually does wonders for curbing my cravings, but it does speed up my metabolism, making me hungry every couple of hours. After my morning workout today, I tried really hard to exihibit some level of self control. No use racking up those miles if you're just going to eat it all back, right? Plus, getting to work on my already-behind thesis should definitely take precedence over satisfying my gluttonous urges. Yes, choosing work over pigging out is the epitome of responsibility.

Except by 5pm I became so hungry that my hands were literally shaking. It probably would have been a good idea to eat some healthy carbs or lean meat and protein to help replenish my fatigued muscles. But the only things in my boyfriend's fridge were a leftover burrito and birthday cake. So delicious at the time... so killing my stomach an hour later.

Supposedly you burn about 100 calories for every mile you run (though I usually subtract some from that number being significantly smaller than the "average" American). Reminder to self: this does not mean you can/should eat whatever you want!

No comments: