Friday, February 6, 2009

Personal Best

Logged: 5 miles
Race Countdown: 50 days


I set a new personal best time today: 5k in 25 mins. Felt really good!

I lowered my goal time for the half marathon to 2 hours. That's a pace of slightly more than 9 min/mile. I'm really not sure if I'll be able to do it that fast, but my original goal time of 2 hours and 10 minutes didn't feel challenging enough. Anyway, it's not so much about how fast I can run it as just completing the race in general. I heard the Atlanta course is a little hilly so that makes me a little nervous. But maybe if my body is feeling good and all the stars are aligned, I could do it in 2 hours or less.

I started doing some yoga to help stretch and loosen my muscles, especially in my hips and back. My back has been aching recently. Next week my mileage goes up to 17 miles and my running days increase from 3 to 4 days a week. Plowing on...

No comments: